Wednesday, July 21, 2010


So... seller is willing to work with us again. Bank is willing to work with us again. Even went ahead & sent over the pre-approval letter.

So far, so good.

Then the seller decides that they won't enter into a contingent agreement with us. Basically meaning that we have to actually close on our house before they will even entertain an offer from us.

Which is fine, I guess. Just creates a logistical pain in the neck for us. As in, even if everything goes well, we won't have anywhere to live for a few weeks.

Here's the timeline: closing date on our current home is scheduled for August 17. We hand over the keys August 31. Which gives us roughly two weeks to put an offer on our new home, get agreement from the seller, complete inspection & appraisal, close, complete renovations, and move in.
Which, if you've ever bought a house before you know, is not gonna happen.

I'm not gonna lie. As much as I love the house, the thought crossed my mind to just give up on getting this particular house. Then I realized. Our house has sold. We're pretty much gonna be in the same boat no matter where we buy. And at least we've already found this house, so we don't have to go thru the home search process.

Yep. So as of August 31st, we're homeless.

Know anyone who would be willing to take in two adults, a toddler, three dogs, and two cats?

Didn't think so.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...