Monday, November 30, 2009

Update on Me. And Us.

So, I know you've all been wondering where I've been and have been anxiously awaiting my return.
Or at least that's the story that plays in my head & makes me feel important or something. LOL.

Well, I've been ill. And busy. Okay, started out pretty sick, got better & got busy.

About 10 days ago I developed a sore throat. Within a couple of days it was so bad I couldn't even swallow liquid, and the pain was excruciating. Went to UrgentCare (it was Sunday), and they gave me an antibiotic. But apparently not a good enough one. Two days later my neck & face had swollen so badly that I could barely move my jaw to talk. Last Tuesday morning FireMan drove me to my doctor's office when they opened, and I sat in the waiting room until they could see me (no, I do not recommend doing this).
The doc told me he thought it was an infection in my throat, prescribed me a different antibiotic and some steroids, but also ordered a couple of throat cultures & some bloodwork to try to figure out exactly what was going on.
Just a few hours after starting the new meds on Tuesday, I felt much better and was able to eat my first real meal in days. Then I woke up early Wednesday morning coughing up blood. Yeah, at this point I was pretty freaked out.
Called the doctors' office when they opened, and they were already trying to get the results of my bloodwork. You know a doctor's worried when they get the lab to give them results in a day. Ends up I had a massive bacterial infection in my throat. All other screens were negative. Just the infection. So I continued with the meds they'd given me, and got better pretty quickly. Was even able to enjoy Thanksgiving!

Praise Jesus for good doctors & strong medication!

Thanksgiving was a long day. Always is. Breakfast with the in-laws, then to my aunt's house for lunch.
Friday my mom & I went shopping. We always go out on Black Friday, though it's been years since we've done any doorbusters. It's become a tradition, and to be honest I do it more because it's become a special day with just my mom & me than for any shopping deals or anything. I look forward to it every year, and love spending the entire day with my mommy.
Saturday was spent running errands & doing some housework, trying to get caught up from being sick. Still not there.
Sunday was church, then lunch, more housework, then walking the mall with FireMan & FireGirl. FireGirl was... interesting... Sunday afternoon. From the minute she woke up from her nap she was testing her bounds with us. She's usually such a sweetie, this was quite the change. It was clear she was trying to see what she could get away with, and how far she could push us. Even threw a complete tantrum in the middle of Sears. Screaming, tears, arms flailing, feet kicking... whole nine yards. And the testing kept going right up until bedtime. Luckily FireMan & I are on the same page about these things (usually), and just kept consistently correcting her.

Oh, and somewhere during all that crazy holiday week(end), FireMan & I decided to put an offer on a house. It's down the street from our current home, and is lender owned. Needs a lot of work, but no structural problems. We originally looked at it as a potential for another rental property, but once we got inside, we're strongly leaning more towards moving there, then renting out the house we're in now. Offer should go to the bank today. We'll see.

Well, today is my first day back to work after 10 days off. Needless to say I had over 200 new emails in my inbox this morning, but only seven voicemails on my phone. Taking a quick lunch break now, then back to the grind. Still trying to sort things out & figure out where I am on various projects.

Thanks for checking in, and I'll talk to ya later!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...